Though it is wintertime right now, in a while, it will be springtime. And springtime always brings spring cleaning. Many things around the house will need cleaning or maintenance at that time. And one of the most important things that will need cleaning is your furniture.
Must-Read Upholstery Cleaning
A cleaning routine is essential to keep the upholstery looking bright and fresh. Usually, people have some basic knowledge of upholstery cleaning. But there is always room for improvement. That is why we have prepared this blog. In it, we will outline some great tips that you can use to improve your cleaning experience and make your furniture last longer.
- Understanding Upholstery Fabrics
Before considering beginning the upholstery cleaning process, stop and think about what you are cleaning. What material is the furniture upholstery cleaning made of? Because every material has some variation in how it’s cleaned. There is no one-size-fits-all method to apply to all materials to clean them. Leather is cleaned differently than suede, linen, wool or velvet and vice versa.
You can also check the leaflet that came with the piece of furniture that will contain information about how to clean the upholstery according to the fabric used correctly. Then clean using the methods appropriate for the material.
- Be Careful With Tough Stains
If the upholstery is stained, then, as mentioned, you will need to clean according to the upholstery material, but the most common way to remove such stains is detergent + water.
A great tip is to treat such stains gently, but also to use steam after using the detergent + water mix. There are many vacuums that come with a steam cleaning option that will slowly remove the stain and return the upholstery cleaning to its original state.
Also, remember to blot, not scrub; otherwise, due to the weakened state of the fabric from the detergent + water mix, the material can be damaged.
- Vacuuming as a Habit
The thing about upholstered furniture is that it is vulnerable to the dirt and dust that is floating in the surrounding air. These pollutants can get easily lodged in the material or cover it with a layer that can affect your health and the health of the occupants of the house. Therefore, it is recommended to vacuum the upholstery cleaning of your sofas and other furniture once a week to protect from the negative effects.
It is great to keep your furniture looking and feeling fresh by lounge master, but you should also care about it smelling fresh. This might sound odd, but there is another way for your house to smell nice than just spraying the rooms with an air freshener.
The best way to deodorise your upholstery and remove all the odours is to use baking soda. These odours develop over time, and using baking soda is an effective way to remove the odours. Baking soda will also absorb any oils that have developed on the furniture. The final result will leave it not only looking but smelling fresh and clean.
- Rules of Thumb
- Try to avoid using harsh chemicals. There are cleaning sprays and disinfectants that have harsh chemicals in them. If these sprays are used on the upholstery cleaning, it can really affect the quality of it. Instead, look for sprays that don’t contain harsh chemicals, or use a DIY mixture of dish soap, oil, vinegar, and club soda if you have to.
- Try to avoid getting the upholstery cleaning wet, whether it’s leather, linen, suede or any other material. Water, if left around, can lead to bacterial growth, which can lead to stains. These stains will ruin the quality of the upholstery and make it look bad too.
- Call the pros. There are many issues with cleaning or maintaining upholstery that can arise that you might find difficult to handle. If you are stumped at what to do or don’t have the time or energy to dedicate to these issues, then call a professional upholstery cleaning or sofa cleaning service like ours. We specialise in removing big and stubborn stains and helping recover the health of the upholstery.
If you are looking for sofa cleaning in Sydney, we are the best service in the area. We can help you deal with upholstery related issues at affordable rates. Contact us today!