The smell of a new car is pleasant, and the owner will always want to maintain this odour. However, it is almost difficult for those who do not care for their car upholstery. If you want to keep your car interior good and like a new car, you simply need to clean it. Whether you clean your car upholstery on your own or by hiring an upholstery cleaning service in Sydney, you must pay attention to upholstery maintenance.
This blog has some valuable information about the products you can use and the procedure to follow according to the type of material of the car upholstery.
Tips For Cleaning Your Car Upholstery According To The Type Of Material
Here, you will know how to remove dust and stains from car upholstery according to their material.
- Clean Leather Upholstery
Leather upholstery in your car is a sign of distinction and elegance. Therefore, you must care for the upholstery to keep them clean. Your car upholstery is always at risk of UV rays and dehydration because of prolonged exposure. Therefore, you must prevent such factors from damaging your car’s leather upholstery. You must be careful when cleaning it:
- Smear a natural bristle brush with a specific cleaner (the most suitable are those containing glycerine or lanolin). You need to pass it over the entire surface without rubbing.
- Leave it for a few seconds and pass the brush impregnated with the cleaner again.
- Remove the dirt using a dry microfiber towel slightly moistened with water.
- Lastly, hydrate and nourish the leather using the conditioner. Pour a small amount of conditioner on a microfiber cloth and spread it over the upholstery.
- Let it act for a few minutes to penetrate the upholstery, and then take out the excess using a dry microfiber cloth.
- Clean Faux Leather Upholstery
Faux leather is similar to genuine leather. Therefore, it is the ideal substitute for natural leather. The best aspect is that it requires less care, and cleaning is much easier.
- Rub the upholstery surface with a damp cloth and an ordinary soap.
- Rinse with a cloth dampened in water.
- Lastly, dry with a towel.
- Cleaning Alcantara Upholstery
If your car has the interior trimmed in a versatile suede-like upholstery called Alcantara, it gives your car a unique luxury. To maintain your car upholstery with this material, you can vacuum the dust periodically. You must consider the following:
- Soak a cotton cloth in water and softly wipe the entire surface in circular motions.
- At least once a year, you should clean your car upholstery by washing it in the machine. You can safely wash this material in the washing machine with water at about 30° C and a mild cleanser. Do not spin-dry. You can also iron it by placing a cloth between the iron and the upholstery.
- If removing the upholstery is difficult, use a sponge moistened with water to clean it and let it dry for several hours.
- Clean Ordinary Fabric Upholstery
Fabrics, including cotton, linen, polyester, and silk, among others, are the most used material in cars for various reasons. For some fabrics, one of the most common reasons is their resistance. It is also relatively easy to clean.
- Use the dry foam and spray directly on the upholstery and let it act for the time indicated by the manufacturer.
- Apply the soapy water and use a brush to rub gently but vigorously. Rub it in several directions to effectively eliminate debris from the seams. Use a cloth to remove the residuals.
- Apply the cold water to rinse the upholstery with a clean cloth.
- Filling a bucket with water and mild laundry detergent is another option. Soak a sponge in the mixture and slightly rub the upholstery. Finally, let it air dry.
This blog has some valuable information about tips that let you know how to clean your car upholstery according to its material. We hope these tips will help you give your car interior a new look. Regardless of your car’s upholstery, remember that the best approach you can take is to hire an external upholstery cleaner. This way, you can get rid of this time-consuming job and concentrate on other life commitments. Lounge Master will provide you with expert upholstery cleaners in Sydney who will make your car’s interior pleasant. Contact us today and benefit from our highly affordable pricing policy!