A house is not made from just four walls. Several things contribute to making it a home. The more you work on your home, the more welcoming it would be, and this is what anyone would want their home to be, welcoming. The secret to it is maintaining it from time to time. It is necessary; otherwise, you will face damages such as losing your favourite piece of furniture. One maintenance which you should focus on most is upholstery cleaning.
Many times, we ignore upholstery until it wears and tears. This way we have to spend more money buying new upholstery to replace the old one. So, instead, why not clean it from time to time and make it last? If you are worried about cleaning it (since upholstery cleaning is a little complicated), don’t worry. We got you covered with some of the outstanding tips of upholstery cleaning a Sydney household would need.
Knowing the Fabric
– Fabric is a crucial element of upholsteries. Almost every piece of furniture has fabric on it. Yes, now there are variations of many types, but high-end upholstery still has a great portion of fabric involved. To clean them, the first step should be to identify what kind of fabric is used. This way, you can do cleaning as per the fabric because the cleaning procedure may differ from fabric to fabric.
Use of Vacuum
– A vacuum is a wonderful piece of technology. It requires minimal work to use, and it does a great deal of cleaning. So, try to include a vacuum in your cleaning routine of upholstery. Dust ruins the outlook of furniture to a great extent, but if the vacuum is used, the shine of your upholstery will be there for a long time. There are now small vacuums available as well that are easy to carry into tiny corners.
– Yes, as surprising as it may sound, this works. Why must you think? Well, wipes have a mixture of water and soap in the right proportion. They are available easily and are affordable then why not make use of them in your room or living room. Wipes will deal with any spills just fine. If the spills are not entirely removed, then they will probably be a lot less visible. Do note; wipes work best on leather, polyester, and cotton fabric.
Do Not Scrub
– Sometimes, this may seem like the only way to remove a stubborn stain but no, that’s not really it. Scrub will damage the upholstery even if the stain comes out. Scrubbing will not only make the furniture look dull but damage it physically too. For example, scrubbing on a fabric surface will make the fibres protrude, or the fabric might just tear. So, in case of a stubborn stain, call upholstery cleaning services like ours, the Lounge Master.
Washing the Accessories
– Pillows and the throw blankets are counted together with the upholstery. They add to the overall look of your furniture and thus cleaning them is also advised. Whenever you are carrying your upholstery cleaning routine, put the pillows and throw blankets on light setting in the washing machine. This way all of the upholstery parts will look clean and it will be a complete tidy look.
Use of Less Water
– Usually people believe water is the solution to every stain or unclean spot. They think the more the water, the better the cleaning. However, this is not true at all. If you are dealing with a stain, start will a small amount of water and it can do the work just fine. Using more water can ruin your furniture as a whole as getting the upholstery dry is not an easy task.
Remove the Pet Hair
– Several houses may have a pet or many pets. Keeping pets is a lot of responsibility. One of the biggest responsibilities that comes with them is excessive cleaning. It is difficult, however, if you do this one little step. The step is to remove the pets’ fur from upholstery through leather gloves. Just wear leather gloves and move your hand around the furniture. A major chunk of fur will be removed.
If the stains require extreme cleaning or your upholstery somehow got enough dirty that it cannot be cleaned with these simple tips then simply contact us. We will make sure your upholstery is as close to new as possible through our cleaning.